IES – Isothermal Extrusion by SAI Automation
Despite the fact that control systems and industrial infrared thermometer technology are commonly used in the aluminum extrusion industry, the Temperature Process Control (TPC) System is the first to effectively merge these two technologies to deliver true automatic temperature-based control in a system that is easy to use.
Williamson Corporation and SAI Automation have partnered to develop this innovative system which integrates Best Practices Standards with simple and effective closed-loop controls to effectively optimize press performance and enable a process for continuous improvement.
Unique IES Features Include:
- Real-time temperature-based closed loop control
- Continuous optimization of profile temperatures at the platen exit for isothermal control
- Continuous optimization of billet feed temperatures
- Automatic compensation for varying operating conditions
- Recipe and order management modules that organize and apply Best Practices Standards for each die and each order
- Temperature process control screens in international languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Chinese, Russian, and others
- Advanced Utilities and Reports to automatically capture critical process data
- Flexible design allows integration with existing control systems
- Advanced options to optimize tapered billet heating, nitrogen die cooling, and quench rates
- Installation and training in less than one week with little or no downtime
- Increase press speeds by 10 to 20% and more
- Improve product quality with better surface finish, fewer defects, and reduced scrap rates by 2-5%
- More consistent press performance as each operator runs the press using optimized recipes
- Improve production scheduling with more consistent and efficient performance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Make informed decisions about process improvements with TPC’s detailed process and production data
- Optional liquid nitrogen cooling module typically increases press speed by 30%, reduces nitrogen consumption by 40%, increases die life by 20%, and improves surface finish
Consult with One of Williamson’s Temperature Experts
We would love to discuss your temperature measurement application with you.