At the reversing mill, rolling speed, roll bite and coolant flow may be optimized only with a precise real-time knowledge of metal temperature. The low and highly variable non-greybody emissivity character associated with this complex aluminum process dictates the use of the most sophisticated multi-wavelength infrared pyrometers as the material converts from a coarse ingot to a smooth strip.
Williamson Wavelength Advantage:
The Williamson model MWx, designed specifically for the demanding aluminum hot reversing rolling mill application, uses the most advanced Multi-Wavelength Dynamic ESP Technology available for unequalled accuracy under all operating conditions.
- Improved Product Properties
- Improved Process Consistency
- Faster Rolling Speeds
- No need for real-time interaction with the pyrometer.
- MWx Dynamic ESP Technology corrects for the non-greybody emissivity variation associated with aluminum.
Williamson’s exclusive Dynamic ESP technology automatically corrects for variations in alloy and thickness.
- Pro MWx-AS-11, 575-1100°F / 300°-600°C
To download the complete collection of Aluminum Hot Rolling Application Notes click on the link below: